Saturday, May 18, 2013

Night Out!

Amy's friend, Lyndsay Schamber, got married!!!  And we got a night out!!!  We won't debate which is the more exciting event...

We had a great night at the wedding and beyond.  Lyndsay was married at Oak Farm Winery, the second of Amy's friends to get married there.  It was a beautiful wedding, in a beautiful location.

It was a special occasion for me, as it was the first meal for me coming off a 3 1/2 day "juice fast."  We had bought a juicer in an effort to incorporate fruits and vegetables into our diet on a more regular basis.  Amy had stopped her "juice fast" after 3 days.  She had a more difficult time with it, calling me just 2 hours into the fast telling me, "I'm so hungry, I think I'm going to DIE!" ... 2 hours into the fast...  10 am on day one...  She had only skipped breakfast once...  And had a juice instead.  She modified the juice fast after that and incorporated actual vegetables (like raw mushrooms) into her diet.  Just so she had something with fiber in her stomach.    The kids have loved helping me juice.  They love feeding the fruits and vegetables into the juicer.  They just don't love drinking the juice.  hmmm.  I wonder why?



Back to the wedding... The wedding was great, the girls all had a great time dancing the night away, and shut the place down.  After the wedding, we all headed to Wine and Roses, and had a great time talking in their outdoor patio.  After Wine and Roses, we headed to the Panini stand outside of Casa Mexicana (thank you Jon and Witney Kestersen for the original tip) for 'street tacos.'  Then we called it an evening.  We were exhausted after a great night out!





Below is a picture of the fancy knot I used for my tie.  Randy Cabral had posted a link on Facebook about the "Eldridge Knot."  It was perfect timing, as I don't wear ties very often, so I figured, why not give it a try.



No comments: