Oye, oye! It's been awhile since I posted. Evidently sleep is taking precedence over posting. Can someone please ask Caleb to sleep longer? I simply cannot wait for him to sleep thru the night. It's surprising that my big boy thinks he needs so much food. Or maybe not so surprising, considering he's my "big boy". Every afternoon is a valuable opportunity for napping.
What's new? Maybe easiest expressed in bullet point format.
- Baker is talking non-stop. We drove to Galt yesterday evening together and she literally talked all the way there and back. Informed me that Grandpa flies a helicopter and that he will be taking her to San Diego to see Auntie Erin. She wants everything and wants to try everything. In pink. Pink bicycle with a pink helmet. Pink "swagger wagon". Etc.
- Caleb is ginormous. Wearing 6 month clothes! (I'm sure this sounds familiar to many of you moms: Sara Harper and Ono.) He's cooing and smiling. Oftentimes smiles without looking at me ... primarily because he's just finished a satisfying meal. No food aversions to speak of. I was a little worried after eating asparagus last night that he might reject the milk, but all was well.
- Things have been busy with girlfriends in town and baby showers. May is a pretty busy month. (Sleep, please Caleb.)
- Caleb received an activity mat for a gift and loves it. It has a plastic teddy bear with a blinking red nose and he's entranced by it. Cannot stop staring at it. The photo below with Baker is the two of them laying on the mat. Baker enjoys spending time laying next to him on the mat. She's not so entranced by the blinking red nose, though.
- Baker is a total 2 year old. She throws fits regularly. About everything. At lunchtime today she screamed and cried because she wanted some berries with lunch. My response that we would have them with dinner was definitely not satisfactory for her. Yesterday she threw a tantrum after I put some fishy crackers in a plastic bag. Bizarro. Much patience required. When she's not crying she's very loving. Can we say "manic"? She "wuvs" mommy, daddy and brother "Tay-Wub".
- Baker is obsessed with Tinkerbell. The photo below is her in her Tink pjs. She has a wonderful babysitter on monday nights who just surprised her by giving her the first Tinkerbell movie on dvd. What a sweet treat!!




3 comments:
oh Amy... I'm pulling for you. I know what it's like to have a baby that doesn't sleep. I think Beau thinks he's a two year old because he sounds a lot like Baker. Awe, the joys. I'll be praying for you and Caleb. God, please help Caleb to give his mommy some rest. - amen.
Gotta love those BIG boys! It will never stop Cole is now 19 months and eating so much still! Your babes are precious!
Such cute pictures. Oh yes...I remember the clothing delimas...Trevor was 20 pounds by the time he was 5 months old :) Big boys are so fun to squeeze and hug :) And the sleeping thing...just remember, when he does sleep through the night, you won't remember the times that he wasn't and wish he woke up once in a while to hold him. Trevor didn't "fully" sleep through the night until he was like 6 or7 months old! yikes! 2 year old tantrums...trevor threw one yesterday because he didn't want the Taco at the mexican restaurant...funny!!
Post a Comment