Do any of you BabyWise users remember the 45 minute intruder? It's when your child (who is normally on a 3 hour feeding schedule) cries at the 45 minute mark for food.
And do you remember what do do when it occurs? Well, it's a good think we have Josh around here because I did not remember "the intruder" nor how to respond. The BabyWise answer is to feed the baby and then restart the 3 hour feeding schedule.
Last night Caleb intruded on us watching NBC's Thursday night line-up. I had fed him at 830, and then put him to bed. He woke up at 9-something crying. Pacifier, burping and singing would not console him. Josh suggested I feed him again. The answer to prayer? After a thorough meal, Caleb went down to sleep for 5 hours!! Hurray!! Not only that, but he slept for another 4 hours after that!
Oh my goodness - the sleep was so sweet and needed. Josh and I are sleep-happy people. Not big fans of waking up early. Give us at least 8 hours a night to be our best. With Caleb celebrating his 8 week birthday on Wednesday, I was having a pity-party for not getting a good night sleep in 56 days.
I don't want to jinx myself by celebrating his great night too much. But please, please let this be the start of getting full nights of sleep. Please.



2 comments:
Ooooooohhhhh so jealous!!! But also SO happy for you! :) I'll pray it lasts too.
we dealt with 45 minute naps for MONTHS with Kaitlyn. Congrats on the sleep....I thought you looked extra rested today :)
Post a Comment