Want to hear/read something funny? Several years ago Josh went to our church's winter camp as a counselor. On Saturday night of the camp, each cabin is asked to put on a skit. Josh hates being in front of groups of people. And as the counselor of jr. high boys, I think it's safe to assume the boys felt the same way about performing a skit in front of everyone: dread. In preparation for skit night, Josh brainstormed things they could do. The end result was a skit entitled "An evening with the Ropers". Their cabin of boys got up in front of the youth group and said the Pledge of Allegiance. And that was it. I think the youth group was a bit confused ... but those boys were more than happy to have their skit over in less than 30 seconds.
I love that name - An Evening with the Ropers, hilarious! Anyhoo ...
Can I provide you with a little catch-up on Elson-life? An Evening with the Elsons, perhaps? ;-)
Two weekends ago Josh and I went to Tahoe for a last getaway before the baby arrives. (Baker stayed in Lodi with Mimi and Grandpa.) We went out for a nice dinner on Saturday night and the waiter surprised us with this at the end of the meal: a birthday sorbet in honor of the baby, how sweet!!!
Baker caught the stomach flu the day after we returned from Tahoe. Fortunately her bout lasted only 2 hours. By evening-time she was all recovered and back to enjoying life.


Then last weekend I went to San Diego with Jenny Williams to visit Lisa, Tyson and their new baby girl, Audrey. Baby girl is only 2 weeks old in these photos!! Jenny and I are both pregnant = a chance to sharpen our newborn-care skills.



No comments:
Post a Comment