Sorry to be complain-y. You can rest assured I will forget about this discomfort once I'm chasing around 2 kids!

Yesterday I remembered how much I got to relax with Baker's pregnancy. I would wake up and have a bowl of cereal and go back to sleep for another hour. Went swimming a few days a week, walked frequently. Didn't have to pick up a 30 pound child or toys off the floor. Ahhh ... the good old days!

Yesterday I noticed my feet and ankles starting to swell - something that didn't happen until the last weeks of Bake's belly-time. Swimming is definitely not happening during this chilly weather. And walking is nearly impossible because my belly starts to cramp and I need to use the bathroom several times during the walk.
Fortunately Josh is very sweet and accommodating even when I get grumpy. Plus, he's such a huge help with Nesting. We've been in the process of converting the office into Baker's new big-girl-bedroom. The baby will take over the "nursery room".
We each have our own ways of nesting around here. Josh's nesting involves rewiring and assembly. Case in point: Moving everything out of the office has been a difficult task. Our house is low on storage space in the first place, so Josh has installed new racks and cabinets in any available space (mostly the laundry room). He re-wired the phone and cable modem to their new home in the hot water heater closet. Then he assembled a new computer armoire which will reside in the living room.
My form of nesting is more about providing a "clean & welcoming" environment for the baby to come home to. Think carpet cleaning and baseboard dusting.
Only 57 days to go and the newest Elson will be able to appreciate our clean baseboards and
efficient use of laundry room space :-)



4 comments:
You can complain all you want! We don't mind :) I hate to break it to you though, but you will look back on the days of being pregnant and only having 1 kiddo to run after as the "easy days" :) But they are worth it!
Oh Ames! So sorry you're so uncomfortable! You are sooooo close- hang in there! :) On a different note, that is an ADORABLE picture! Cute, cute, cute! :) I couldn't muster up something as cute right now if I tried and I'm five weeks behind ya! Haha...
I feel ya sister. All too well. Soon these babies will be out and we'll have a whole new set of worries. :) Try to get some rest. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Tahoe this past weekend.
I completely understand how you're feeling! I was not in this much pain with Coop at all! (Adorable picture by the way!) I have 12 days left and feel like I'm going to die! Been wearing my back/belly brace almost all day lately. Can't sit down even when Coop's napping because I'm too much in nesting mode to relax! Not sleeping because I'm too uncomfortable! Ahhh...the joys of pregnancy! All worth it in the end right?!
Post a Comment