Tuesday, May 29, 2007

She said I'm "perfect", darn it!

Last Friday was another monthly appointment with my nurse practitioner (RNP). So far they've weighed me and checked my blood pressure, urine and blood. Nothing has been mentioned about these items, so I figure no news is good news. In fact, I consider it great news that I might have picked a winner of an RNP who doesn't seem to care how much weight I've gained (which isn't much, but in about 2-3 months should start getting significant). She didn't care, that is, until last Friday. That's when she informed me that my weight is right where she wants me. She used the word "perfect" which is not bad news at all, except that she just proved that she does care how much weight I gain --- YIKES!

I've heard some horror stories (mother-in-law stories, granted, which took place 31 years ago), like how a certain doctor didn't want Linda to gain over 20 lbs! In fact, her doctor threatened to put her in the hospital if she went over the 20 mark. Consider the fact that the baby weighed 13 lbs at birth -- doesn't leave alot of room for extra weight.

No promises, but I'll try to eat healthy and exercise and keep my fingers crossed that I'll stay "perfect".

No comments: