Saturday, May 26, 2007

Enjoying a Smoothie at Zinfest

One of the unfortunate things about pregnancy is not being able to enjoy the fruits of the Valley. Last weekend was Zinfest at Lodi Lake. Watching the extremely happy (tipsy) people hugging and laughing was quite fun. I also enjoyed a smoothie from Maui Wowi. Here's a glimpse of the things we saw (sorry, it's cell-phone-quality):

This is our friend JC pairing his Voignier (sp?) wine with a pear tart made by the culinary school at Delta College. The tart was pretty good ... everyone watching the demonstration got one for dessert.



Another photo of J
C wearing his "railroad conductor" duds. His winery is called Peltier Station --- get it? like a railroad station. He's a winemaker and his wife does marketing for the winery. Methinks the marketing department liked the idea of dressing the boys up as conductors for the day.

And lastly, my favorite: chicks dressed up as angels. This was confusing at first; I thought maybe they were making sad attempts to gain attention. Then I realized they were working at Zinfest as mobile Help Desks. People could ask them questions about the event. Still, their outfits were over the top.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

What? Where the help angels guardian angels? Hum... Way over the top I'd say.