Today was an interesting day. Caleb qualified to start up maintenance, so we had a nice, relatively quick visit. Except for us hitting traffic and being 15 minutes late for our appointment, then the admitting nurses being 10 minutes late getting us checked in, the doctors being an hour late getting ready for his spinal, and then the pharmacy taking over an hour to fill his prescriptions. So for his chemo and spinal, it took about an hour, but everything else took an extra 2 hours. That's totally ok though, because we're just so excited to be in maintenance.
Afterward the three of us went out to smashburger for lunch, and we actually ate there!!! We ate outside, but at least we ate there! The second time we've taken Caleb out to eat since he was diagnosed 9 months ago! Woot woot!!
Then the sad news, when we got home I found that our dog, Nina had passed away. We were expecting it, and were kind of surprised she lasted this long, but it was still sad. When we told Baker after dinner, she cried. It was sad and precious, and even reassuring, all at the same time. So I called 'Uncle Dave' and took Nina out to the ranch for a proper burial. She's now resting near Murphy. For a city boy like me, handling dead animals is a little hard. But I got the job done, and when we went for a bike ride later, Baker was already planning what we should get next for a pet. She's narrowed it down to a cat, and now she's just trying to figure out if it should be a boy or girl. I told her it's a good thing our house isn't ruled by democracy, because I get to make the final decision, and my decision is no pets for now.
On our bike ride, we went to Roget Park. We figured there probably wouldn't be anyone there, so we'd feel comfortable letting the kids run around (since they haven't gotten to really run around for 9 months now.) Little did we know, the park isn't age appropriate for our kids. They have workout stations for ages 15+. Needless to say, Caleb had run to the other side of the park and hopped on some running contraption. Before I could get there he had fallen off, right onto his head and was bleeding! That's right, the first day of maintenance, and he gets a head wound! Fortunately, it didn't seem bad, and actually stopped bleeding within a minute or two. I promptly whistled at Amy, and we gathered all the kids up and rode back home.
Like I said, interesting day.



No comments:
Post a Comment