Saturday, April 13, 2013

Random Observation


Differences between Caleb and Baker

Baker is very emotional loving.  She will say "hugs and kisses" and actually hug and kiss me several times before I am able to leave for work.   She loves to get in Eli's face and say "ooogly boogly, you're so cute," and rub her nose in his face. She often "leans into" Amy and I at an uncomfortable rate, so much so that I've had to tell Amy to just lean into it... Which then makes Baker slightly uncomfortable, so she backs off a little.  When Eli was younger, she loved to hold him in her "nest".  She would wrap her legs into a circle and we would place Eli in her legs.  Baker just loves to hug and hold people.

Caleb will walk into a room and slap Amy on the leg and say "hi mom".  

I've told Amy that's how he shows his love.  He's physical.

Full disclosure: Caleb does like to imitate his big sister, and will often say "hugs and kisses" after Baker does.  He also is the best snuggler in the family.  When he's sad, or tired or sick, he loves to be held.  He'll wrap his little arms around your neck, his legs around your waste, and nestle his head into your neck.  It's the kind of snuggling you live for, and never want to end.  Baker also loves to wrestle on the bed, or play tickle monster, where I just throw them on the bed and tickle them relentlessly.  Both kids love to play "steamroller" and "bulldozer", where I pretend to be a steamroller and roll over them on the bed, or a bulldozer and push them off the bed.  They especially love to play the part of a bulldozer and push me off the bed.

No comments: