Story 1:
Our church has a children's church during the first service. The kids go to church with their parents, and then during worship time, they "release" the kids to children's church. All the kids (age 5+) then get up and walk to the back of the worship center, where they meet up with the teachers who then walk them outside of church and over to the gym, where they have children's church. I knew Baker would be scared her first time, so I got up and walked to the back of the room with her. I then proceeded to try to convince her (unsuccessfully) that she could walk over to the gym without me. (As a side note, we never go to first service, so this had only happened once!) This was her response:
"Dad, I'm scared. It's my first time and I know I know a bunch of kids, but it's my first time and I just want you to go with me."
She said this in the sweetest, most innocent voice she could come up with. And of course she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, so I walked over with her.
Story 2:
Caleb got "promoted" to the next grade at church. He was going for the first time to the 2-year old class. No more ball pit for him! As we dropped him off, Baker waited outside while we took him in. He turned to Baker and asked, "Sissy, will you come in with me?"
Story 3:
Before the election, Baker decided to strike up a political conversation with mommy and daddy:
Baker: I think Obama should be the president again.
Mommy: Why?
Baker: Because he's the only person I know with brown skin. And I like him because he's been the president for a long time.
Dad: Get out my house, you're dead to me, commie!
Story 4:
Caleb: Dad, take a break with mom with talking.
(there's many variations of this that go on, he also is quick to tell us, "Dad, I'm talking with you... no. no. Dad, I'm talking with you.")
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey... Baker knows us and we have brown skin. Heck, I'd make a better president than Obama and I can't even name all 50 states. :)
Post a Comment