Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our Baby Names (post by Josh)

If it's a girl, Braxton, if it's a boy, Hicks, because that's what Amy had last Thursday night.

They started around 9pm, and lasted until 3 am. Before we went to bed around 10pm she looked up whether they could be labor contractions, and found out that if they weren't regular, it probably wasn't labor. They weren't very regular, although they were very closely separated, at least I consider 2-7 minutes as close.

So we went to bed around 10pm, and somehow we both fell asleep. Amy woke up at 3am to use the restroom, and as she got back into bed, I woke up and asked her how she was. She told me she was still having contractions, and she was going to text our doula to let her know. I went into subconscious panic mode, convinced we wouldn't make it through the night without a trip to the hospital. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep after that. Amy on the other hand, went back to sleep after texting our doula. When she woke up in the morning, I asked her if she was still contracting, and she said, oh, no, they stopped after I texted Geena, at 3 am.

At least she's getting some rest. She's the one that needs it more than me at this
point!

We're in this weird mode right now, where Amy's very uncomfortable and ready to be done being pregnant, but we're scared of the unknown of what life will be like with 3 kids and the sleepless nights to come.

No comments: