My poor third baby! The only prego-belly picture I could find is this one with my sister taken at Christmas. And let me be the first to say that now (Feb 12) my belly is twice this size!

We switched health insurance companies this year in order to pursue a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). Things got off to a so-so start with the new doctor, but have been improving ever since. At first the new OB wasn't too excited about me having a VBAC after 2 c-sections. But she said that if we signed waivers they'd let us do it. (I want a team supporting us in this decision, so I wasn't too enthusiastic about the doc.) But last week I received a phone call from her saying that the American College of OBGYN has new guidelines that say a VBAC after 2 c-sections is totally fine.
Also, we've chosen to hire a doula to help with this delivery. Our doula has had a VBAC herself and many of her clients have done the same.
Only 2 months left till this little guy or gal is revealed. We've got a bit of work to do around the house ... but the housework doesn't seem to compare with the mental-preparation that is going into the VBAC. (I'll post pictures soon of Baker and Caleb's new bedroom. Josh is busy painting the walls as I type.)



2 comments:
Ames, I love the update, but I do think we need a real belly pick. At least turn to the side. Come on! Everyone's doing it!
way to try for the VBAC!
Post a Comment