Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BMI: Birthdays, Moving and Illness

I'll start with the Birthdays:
Earlier this month we celebrated my Nana's 90th birthday. The party was held at, as Baker calls it, "Nana's house", the convalescent home. Nana said one thing in particular that must be kept for posterity. When everyone at the party had a chance to say something about her she said, "Say it now so you don't have to say it at my funeral." I think it's safe to say she's ready for her heavenly home.
The birthday was great. Delicious cupcakes from a bakery in town. Relatives coming all the way from Texas to see her. Very nice seeing them.


Then there's the Moving. Two of my great friends moved recently. (Both to cities that start with "Rose"!) Lisa Woznick-Kunst and her family moved to Roseville a few weeks ago. Roseville isn't too bad ... an hour drive? Very doable for a daytime visit. Here's Lisa and I this past winter on a walk with our kids, Audrey and Caleb.
The Goins family, our dear friends from church, moved to Roseburg, OR this month too. That's a longer trek. But we are working on plans to visit this fall. Their girls, Audrey and Ava, are Baker's best friends. Below is a picture taken at a "last meal" I enjoyed with them at Tin Roof BBQ in Lodi (fanastic!). Grant with their youngest, Lydia, and Caleb.
Me and Kim. Cheese!

Finally came the Illness. In the picture below the kids both have fevers. And the couch cushions have been moved because Baker yakked on them. Yay!, stomach flu. Since then, Caleb and I have both been touched by the stomach flu. Baker and Caleb both have had colds. (Baker's started as croup.) And I got hives. Lovely.

No comments: