We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary in proper Disney-fashion this year. Josh happened to have a work conference to attend in Irvine the day after our anniversary, so we figured what better way to celebrate?!
Auntie Jeni drove down with us because she went to the conference too. Jeni stayed with a college girlfriend while we drove on to Anaheim. It's not often that Baker falls asleep in the car -- and here's why: you can't get much more uncomfortable as she shows us below.
It was so strange to be at the park with just Josh, me and the two kids. Last time we went with my family and only Baker. (Caleb was still a bun in the oven.) Let me tell ya, it was a lot of work! Between holding kids, standing in line and pushing the stroller, I'm not sure Josh and I carried a conversation the whole time we were at the park.

The first ride we went on was the Nemo submarine. Baker was entranced by the things she saw out the window. But she'll still tell you she didn't like going through the volcano. Below is a captivated Baker, as well as Caleb practicing his "cheese" face for the camera.



Little buddy fell asleep for a few brief naps during the day. Josh was lucky enough to snuggle him for this snooze. We were able to go on a lot of rides. After we got off Pirates of the Caribbean, Baker lets us know that she liked everything except the "waterfalls". Josh and Bake also went on Thunder Mountain Railroad. When I asked her if she wanted to ride again with me she said, "Maybe when I am older."


We got Baker this cute little number with the promise that she'd wear it all day long :-) She kept her promise!
She got to meet Cinderella and Briar Rose. Gotta love Disneyland and the characters who are always in-character. Baker adores Briar Rose ... probably because she wears pink.


Auntie Erin drove up to see us one day. She spent the whole day with me and the kids while Josh was at his conference. We went swimming, ate at McDonalds, and visited Pretend City Children's Museum in Irvine.
We had such a fun trip. But next time we go on vacation, Josh and I are going without the kids! I need a rest.



3 comments:
Fin and tiring all at the same time. Sam and I are talking about a vacation just to ourselves too. Its been too long.
Ahh, I'm so glad it worked out!! So weird that we both celebrated our anniversaries at Disneyland this year!?! :)Happy Anniversary!
Dont feel bad about not talking to ur husband- as my son told YOU, I dont even sleep in bed w My husband anymore!!! Hahaha! I have told soooo many ppl about that. Im like- i sware- its just when alec had to sleep w me for treatments!!!! Hahaha'. Glad u guys had fun:) lets have another swim date so the fish can play! The " big" pool is nice and warm now! And just us this time:)
Post a Comment