Am I really bad? I was ready to post a few photos from my birthday when I looked back at July's posts to see if I mentioned anything about Josh's birthday. I hadn't.
So without further delay, Happy Birthday, Josh! We celebrated with a family dinner at Matsuyama Sushi (best miso soup in Lodi). And then his all-time-favorite birthday cake: angel food with strawberries and whip, lovingly made by Mama Linda. Birthday boy scored big with me, he got a longboard skateboard which he rides to work about once a week. Thankfully, my folks gifted him safety gear.
And then there's me. I hit the big 3-0 this month. Now that I'm officially 30 years old, I realized that I already felt 30. My special request birthday cake was an ice cream cake with instructions to Jeni Elson to have it say something funny on top. She exceeded my expectations, as you'll see below.



(Great smile, Amy.)
"30, Flirty ... and married with 2 kids"
Baker's already geared up for her b-day this month. Every time she sees something in a store that she wants she tells us, "Maybe I can have it for my birthday?" I wonder how her 3rd birthday will play-out when she doesn't receive everything she wants? So far, the big item is a Tinkerbell fishing poll, which we saw at Bass Pro Shop a few weeks back. I'm thinking Josh and I will be making a trip there before her big day to get one.



No comments:
Post a Comment