Sunday, June 27, 2010

Firsts

Both kids have been making their own "firsts" lately. Caleb's have been more traditional milestones. We captured his first belly laugh on film while in Washington (we'll post it soon, I promise). Cutest thing ever! Baker's firsts are all in her language. It's so fun to have a conversation with her -- she's truly an individual now. Plus she's got mommy's knack for memorizing song lyrics and movie quotes. Makes for some fun dinner topics.

Caleb is all smiles all the time. This morning when he woke up.

Baker and Caleb taking a bath together for the first time. Caleb looks a bit concerned about the 2 year old behind him.
*Insert Jaws theme music*

Caleb's first dip in the pool. He really fills out his rash guard ...
kept rolling up over his belly.

Caleb's first girlfriend? Bella, you are a doll!

First time in the Boppy. Not quite sure if he's ready for it ...
seemed to sag a bit.

Like I said, Baker says the most hilarious things lately. It's so amazing to watch her speech progress. Only 8 months ago she was pretty much repeating our words. Now she puts together phrases and sentences, and creates her own grammar.
  • "I am a princess. I take that back, I am a fairy."
  • "When I was older I will hold onto parachute."
  • "Daddy tend to drive fast."
Then there's the reversal of words:
  • "Wash Car"
  • "Light Buzz" (as in Buzz Lightyear)
When presented with a choice she doesn't like:
  • "Um, actually I think ..."
  • "Um, maybe we can ..."
Creating new terminology:
  • "Skydiver pee-pee" (Literally no idea what this means.)
And lastly, movie quotes:
  • Amy: Excuse me.
Baker: No, excuse me! - Tinkerbell
  • Baker: "Hold onto my feet!" - Strawberry shortcake

3 comments:

Auntie Erin said...

awwwwwwwwww so fun!

The Graumans said...

Maybe Skydiver pee pee implies if you skydive, you will pee pee?! Seems logical to me!

Jaime said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my niece and nephew??? So adorable! Loving the bath picture... the look on Caleb's face is priceless- with his little belly coming in a close second :).