Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crappy Croup

Poor Bake came down with the croup yesterday morning. Her Auntie Jeni was babysitting and Baker started telling her, "Baker tired."
After a short afternoon nap, Baker woke up with a hoarse voice and wheezy breathing. (She sounds like a chain-smoker!) Then last night The Croup was confirmed when she wheezed and coughed during the night.
Josh gets the Dad of the Year award for sleeping with her on the floor of her room for a few hours during the night. **Funny story: Josh coughed during the night and Baker (prone to confuse coughing & sneezing) said "Bless you, Daddy" in her most raspy-chain-smokey-voice.**
Her pediatrician gave us lots of croup advice (like taking her out in the cold night air to alleviate her labored breathing, and sitting with her in a steamy bathroom).
I have a feeling we'll have another rough night tonight ... but hopefully things start getting better soon.

2 comments:

Jesica said...

Oh no! I hope she feels better!

The Coito Family said...

I hope she feels better! Croup is so very scary! Please call over the weekend if you need any "nursely" advice. More so than being a nurse, my experience comes from buggie being an asthmatic who gets croup... I will email you my cell number. She will be in my prayers.