Monday, April 20, 2009

Queen Bees and Honey Bees

Our poor little Baker B got stung in the thumb by a bee a few short hours ago. Here's the kicker: it happened in our house. In the dining room, to be exact. One minute I'm in the kitchen making her lunch and the next I hear her screaming. I ran to the dining room to find her sitting on the floor next to a bee (who was soon about to face certain death!). 

My guess is she was curious about the bee and touched it. To which the bee responded, "Eat Venom, Little Girl!" I had to pull the stinger from her thumb. And then I called Josh, because I'd rather not handle the situation alone. For the next hour she cried. We consoled her with marshmallows, milk, Tylenol, hugs & kisses, a walk outside, and finally a nap. Her thumb swelled, but that was the extent of the swelling. 

There has never-ever been a bee in our house before, but I'm going to be very wary of those little stingers from now on.

3 comments:

Joel and Vanessa said...

I love that fact that you called Josh for help. That is so something I would do. I love your style. :)

Erin Sherblon said...

Awww my Little BB got stung by a bee. =-[

Jesica said...

I hope she is doing better now. Poor Baby!