Saturday, April 25, 2009

Daddy Power

Friday night and Saturday I went to a women's conference held at a local church. Josh was on Baker-duty while I was away. And I was very excited for Josh to have a chance to peek into my daily life with Baker. 

You know how they say, "When the cat's away, the mice will play"? That would be more accurately translated, "When mommy's away, Baker is the easiest baby EVER!"

I'm so jealous.

On Friday night Josh got away with feeding her dinner at 7pm, an hour later than her normal mealtime. (And in "Baker's world" 1 hour is a lifetime.) If I were with her, she'd have started crying, yelling and burning bras to let know she was hungry.

Then on Saturday afternoon she took a 4.5 hour nap. You read that right: Four and a half hours! In fact, she didn't wake up until I was home from the conference. O, that girl. And her daddy.

Speaking of Josh, "Daddy" is Baker's absolute FAVORITE word. 
Very reminiscent of this Hilarious scene from The Family Guy.

4 comments:

Jesica said...

The fact that children ALWAYS behave better when mommy is not around... has to be the 8th wonder of the world!

Harper said...

Seriously Funny! And so true! Daddy's will never REALLY know the life of a mommy! Guess that's why they're a "daddy"!

Becky said...

Well at least this may make him eager to give you another weekend off soon!

The Graumans said...

Your wish is my command...Post complete!