Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dookie and more

Before Baker was born, I never thought I'd do things I saw other parents doing. They'd clean up soggy, partially-chewed graham crackers from their kids clothing (Ewww!). They'd give their kids pieces of food from their own plate (What if I don't wanna share?!). But I've found myself doing things that make me realize, I'm REALLY a parent.
  1. Buying Baker Tickle Me Elmo
  2. Sleeping on her bedroom floor when she was sick
  3. Finding a part of a cracker next to my bed
  4. Eating food that's fallen out of Baker's mouth
(The Dookie title? It's just our household reference for poop nowadays.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmshe left those crackers next your bed in case you get hungry in the middle of the night.

Mettler's said...

I bought Elmo too and I can't believe I did it! And Coop's lunch usually becomes mine after he has mauled it! So feeling you on this stuff! Loved Bake's walking video! I so wish my computer would upload videos!

kristenhen said...

Cute picture, Mama!
I will agree that soggy graham crackers are the worst. They almost remind me of boogers. Have fun with those!
Consult with your local chapter of the Baby Club, but I always thought parents got to take extra food because of the sharing thing. Look into it.

Joel and Vanessa said...

Yep, you're a mom. Although I'm to yet to the graham cracker stage, I have a feeling I'll be doing the same thing.

Jeni said...

Eating the already chewed food is what gets me...