Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The photo that almost was

By now you've probably received an Elson family Christmas card, so I'll give you the scoop on our photo shoot. 
We seriously considered sending another funny photo (akin to last year's crying baby card). Gap always has the funniest celeb ads at Christmas time. And this year we took one look at Jason Bateman and knew what we had to do.
On Thanksgiving we went out in my parent's backyard and my dad took photos of us. Here is the winning photo that was nearly mailed out in our cards.
When it came time to create the card at Walgreens.com I dragged and dropped the picture in, and ... completely chickened out. The card looked halfway serious; like Josh and I really thought we looked good. I wanted everyone to know it was a joke, and this photo was staring at me saying, "People are not going to understand, you silly goose!." 
The end result: a smiley happy photo that everyone can appreciate, but no one can giggle about.

4 comments:

kristenhen said...

You always know how to make me LOL, my friend.

You guys do look a little model-ish in the tribute shot! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

I understand!
And I think it's so great I'm going to print it, cut it out and paste it onto the card we got over the picture!

Shoot! i might even send this out as my Christmas card...

Becky said...

I agree with you. It probably needed to be a little more over the top. You and Josh look like serious models trying to look sexy!

Jaime said...

Thanks for the Blogger tip- it TOTALLY WORKED!!! I love the picture you chose for your card... but this one would have been pretty funny :).