Monday, December 1, 2008

For the Love of Team Flags


Our neighbors have some decorating habits we find hard to appreciate. (Did I say that diplo-matically enough?) They pay homage to college football and the NFL every weekend by flying multiple team flags. This past weekend we took these 2 photos: SF 49ers flag and Notre Dame afgan. That's right, an afgan.
Any given sunday *nice reference, Amy* it isn't unusual to see both a 49ers and Raiders flag, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. And don't let me forget about the Iowa Buckeyes flag.
It's nice they are so passionate about their teams. Perhaps if FOX made an Arrested Development flag, we'd consider hanging something that read STEVE HOLT! in our living room window.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Wait... afgans of college football teams aren't cool? Uh-oh..... tee-hee. In Colorado, some neighbors of ours had a flag of their union in their window! Yes, their union. It was bizarre. But to be honest, I am just grateful Aaron doesn't want to fly a Beaver Nation (Oregon State) flag or afgan or sweater or something. If I wasn't around, he probably would. He actually pumped his fist (in a good way) this past weekend to someone in a car who had two Beaver flags on their car windows. Ay caramba. Hey, this is really long, might as well have written you an email. Oopsies!

Anonymous said...

I think you either mean Ohio State Buckeyes, or Iowa Hawkeyes. As an Iowan I feel it my duty to point this out.

Also, we have nothing better to do beyond shoveling snow.

Becky said...

First a flag, then comes an afghan. Watch out, they may start hanging screen-printed articles of clothing up in their window next.