Monday, October 20, 2008

First Birthday Fun-ness

She was such a ham! Baker learned his cute, new smile.
Josh calls this photo "Crazy Eye".
Birthday girl wore this brown tutu for her party.
Chewing on a new toy.
Banana bread cupcake on top for Baker. Chocolate & strawberries on the bottom for the non-babies.
Baker, say "Whoosh, Woosh, Shhhhhh" ... "Come on, honey, blow out the candle."
Baby bird, starting to eat her cupcake.
Licking her chops after her first dessert.

We had such a fun first birthday with Bake. It all started on Friday when she was given a helium balloon by the nice produce man at the grocery store. She enjoyed pulling the string and licking the balloon. Then on Saturday we had the family over for a little party. Bake really hammed it up with her smiles & hugs. (Have I mentioned that she "hugs"? It involved pressing her cheek against the huggee's cheek, nose, neck, shoulder, or arm.) Josh and I gave her a backyard swing that hangs from the back patio. She wasn't a huge fan at first ... we must have been pushing her too hard. She didn't quite understand how to open presents, so I helped her unwrap them. Alot of fun toys, cute clothes, jewelry, shoes, books, and even her own personal star.  At the end of the night she got to eat her first cupcake with frosting. Much of the frosting ended up in her tutu, with some in her hair, too. Josh had to give her a bath before bedtime to get her cleaned up. Then it was lights out for one happy and exhausted bambina.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Ooooohh!!!! Love these photos! I have been waiting very patiently for some tutu shots- waaaaayy cute. Hey, Josh, that's not called, "Crazy Eye Photo"... that's pure Blue Steel!

kristenhen said...

Wow.... how does she DO that?!? It must be a gift. Baker's first "look."

Love the tutu, love the cake, love that your girl is the big "1" and having fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww I love the "photo shoot" pictures! It really captures the essence of your now toddler!
- Jesica

Becky said...

happy birthday b! A cute cake for a cute girl.

Jeni said...

Too cute!!! I love the tutu!!!!!
And I heard a rumor that you embroidered her cupcake shirt--- that's awesome!!!! It's soooo cute.

Thank you for posting pictures of Baker's 1st Birthday! I'm so sad that I missed it but it makes me so happy to see pictures. She is so beautiful!!!!!!

Jeni said...

I just realized that you made that cupcake on her shirt--- it's SOOO cute!!!! attagirl Amy!!!