Friday, June 22, 2007

Placentas: Everything you ever want to know about placentas. Placenta.

A few posts ago I mentioned that I wasn't sure if I've felt Baby E kick. I haven't been really sure what I'm supposed to feel -- and the human body makes all kinds of strange movements during the course of a day.

Well, I found out today with certainty that I haven't felt baby kick. Why? Because of the placenta, of course! My placenta (we'll call it "p") is sitting low and in front of my uterus ... and it's blocking all the jabs and kicks baby's been throwing my way.
As the weeks go by, and Little E gets higher in my abdomen, then the movements should be feel-able (just made up that word).

That concludes today's lesson about the "p".

2 comments:

Flick said...

that light saber looks just like a placenta...blocking all those kicks and jabs....

by the way, what does "If you are driving, stop, but carefully" mean? `

Name: Josh and Amy said...

Common safety indicates a blog should not be read while driving.

Be safe out there!