First a little humor:
Caleb made this statement today: "I like homo depot"
Now a little more humor for everyone else… and a story that probably shaved a year off of my life from frustration:
Amy was gone for the afternoon, and left me in charge of the kids. I apparently overestimated their ability to be left alone inside. So spent an hour or so outside working on the playhouse, and when I came inside to check on them, I found the following
1. Baker and Caleb had tried to make water balloons.
2. The kids are fascinated with the timer on the microwave. I don't think they even realize that there's a "timer" which just beeps when it's done, and then there's the actual microwave timer… So they tried to put the "timer" on the microwave, but accidentally turned on the microwave with nothing in it, and nearly blew it up, or whatever happens in that situation. It smelled like an electrical fire.
3. They decided to help clean the house by mopping. So they got out a mop and filled a bowl up with water and proceeded to mop the whole houses. (except for carpets) But they did include all of the hardwood. In the dining room, living room, their bedroom, and of course the tile kitchen, where they just poured water on the floor. I was furious, and in Baker's words "I yelled louder than I've ever yelled before". It took 3 beach towels to dry up all of the floors. The kids got a stern talking to about the necessity to ask permission before helping to clean the house. I also explained that even mommy doesn't know how to mop... And I apologized for yelling at them.
They were right, I yelled louder than I've every yelled before. I don't know how I held it together enough to take a picture, but for your benefit, I did. Notice how that hardwood shines!
Needless to say, we were all tired later in the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment