Baker lost her first tooth!!!
She was so excited! She had been wiggling it for a few days now (which totally gives me the squirms!) It makes for an interesting time brushing her teeth. I was totally freaked out every time, expecting to knock it out while brushing.
Apparently, it came out while Baker was playing with it after we put her down to bed the night before last.
* As a side note * Baker and Caleb constantly call for us after we've put them down with any excuse to not fall asleep and stay up a little later. The one time she has a legitimate excuse to call for us, and she doesn't.
So we had no idea she lost her tooth until the next morning when she woke up, excited for what the tooth fairy had brought her, and was then disappointed to see the "tooth fairy" doesn't actually know when you lose a tooth unless mommy and daddy tell her.
* Another side note * I'm opposed to lying to our children about fairy tale characters, even though I tolerate the stories. However, my personal rule is if my children ask me point blank if they exist, I will tell them the truth. Baker had already asked me if the the tooth fairy exists. So I had a nice conversation with her explaining that mommy and daddy were the tooth fairy, and it in fact does not exist. So why she didn't tell us she had lost her tooth I guess can only be explained by her inner desire to 'want' to believe. Which is further reinforced by her explaining that the tooth fairy is real at Andrew's house, because it's not his mom and dad, and it even has a name, "Tony." (Which I think is Andrew's uncle).
In any case, the "tooth fairy" visited last night, one night late, and wrote Baker a nice note and gave her a dollar, and some toothpaste. (nice touch Amy!!)
* Another, another side note * Baker has a special tooth fairy doll, as pictured, which she had lost a few days earlier. I had to search her room for it, while she was sleeping, to put the money in. I ended up finding it wedged under her mattress.



No comments:
Post a Comment