Saturday, October 27, 2012

Warrior

Caleb is not weak.  His body might be weak from the chemo.  But his mind and soul are strong.  And his body will be stronger.  

He is my warrior.  He's teaching me what it takes to be a warrior.  It takes trials, opposition, and difficulties.  When life is easy, we don't learn anything.  We don't grow.  Our lives need a workout.  A warrior trains by stressing himself and placing himself in stressful situations.  

Caleb is a warrior.  

And we are all becoming warriors.  We are being put in situations we don't like.  I don't like being in the hospital and being told we can't go home.  And the doctors not being able to tell us when we can go home.  I like to be in control.  I want our family to be a family, or at least my vision of what a family should look like.  

I don't like only seeing my wife like two ships passing at sea as we take turns in the hospital.  I don't like hardly seeing my other two children because my time needs to be focused on balancing work and being with Caleb.  But we do it.  We deal with things we don't like, and it helps us become warriors.  

But how?

I need to learn to be able to ask others for help.
I need to figure out how do Amy and I still show each other love when we don't get to see each other?
I need to figure out where God fits into all these questions?  Or more appropriately, I need to make sure I include God in everything.

1 comment:

Jimmy, Jenny, Caleb, and Landon said...

Where's the "Like" button? ;-) So well said Josh, and so something I needed reminding of today. Love you guys.