Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thumbs and Potties

This morning when I went to get Caleb up, here's what I found:
looks like we've got another thumb-sucker! I'm actually quite pleased. This little boy loves to suck on his pacifier, but it's nearly impossible to keep it in his mouth. Hopefully he can be responsible to find his own thumb (since it's attached to his fist).

In other news: We've got a Potty-Trainer!
Two weeks ago tomorrow, Baker had her "first" day in panties. (You may remember back in January we tried to potty train her in a weekend? Didn't work out very well. Turns out these kids really know their own timing.) She went to spend the day with Gigi and I mentioned to Linda that she might try putting Baker in panties because she had been telling me everything she went #1 in her diaper. That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't looked back. Now she chooses which panties to wear each morning. At naptime she wears Pull-Ups and at night a diaper. There may be a bit of constipation attributed to the new elimination method, but overall she seems to be doing great.

3 comments:

Auntie Erin said...

Winner winner chicken dinner.... times two
He found it! Yay!
I am glad she's doin' good with the trainin'!

Jaime said...

Yay Caleb! Yay Baker! What a great kiddo week! :) Zekie only finds his thumb about once every 100 tries... I can't wait for it to be consistent :).

Joel and Vanessa said...

Is Caleb sleeping on his tummy already? Does he roll over to that position?