Sunday, March 7, 2010

Whoopsie!

My apologies to Josh, who I kept up last night with worry.

I thought last night was THE night the baby wanted to arrive. At 2:30am I had this huge pang of pain ... which in retrospect was probably some ligament stretching (or maybe the baby biting my uterus?).

Then I started having contractions. (Let me state for the record that I never had contractions with Baker. Not until the hooked me up to a pitocin drip at the hospital.) I tried to time them, but they were pretty irregular. And probably lasted only 20 minutes. I woke Josh up to let him know - just in case the end result was a trip to hospital. He woke up and didn't go back to sleep for hours. This morning he admitted that every time I went to the bathroom he listened intently to hear my water broke. No luck.

(I know that Vanessa has was more worry-some and tire-some stories than this, but for now, this is as exciting as it gets at the Elson house.)

1 comment:

Joel and Vanessa said...

Isn't it funny how every time you (me) use the bathroom you (me) are just waiting for the gush to happen. We were spoiled with our first babies. It was so much easier then... Soon we'll have new bundles of joy to keep us up all night and not false labor pains.