Saturday, December 12, 2009

Commercial Baby

This is Baker's first Christmas with a real awareness of what's going on around her. She loves to sing about Frosty the Snowman and Santa. I keep reminding her about Baby Jesus, but she seems much more impressed with Gigantic lighted snowmen and herds of reindeer. She's also keenly aware of every cartoon character toy she sees printed in the Toys R Us advertisement: Dora, Lightning, Sponge Bob & Dumbo.

Recently we went to Walmart and I bought her a set of "Window Gel Clings" of Frosty to put on her bedroom window. We had alot of fun attaching them to the window, until one of the snowflakes tore and Bake went ballistic. I "fixed" it and life resumed as normal.


I've had a hard time keeping gifts from out of her line of sight. She's seen the Hello Kitty coloring book and the Mr. Potato Head set hidden in the closet. Last night I wrapped Potato Head and stuck him under the tree. Today, while Josh and I weren't looking, Baker found the wrapped package and opened it. Josh was the first to find her -- she looked up at him and said, "Baker play toy." He had to stiffle his laughter and inform her that she's not allowed to open presents under the tree unless we say so.

This morning Baker happened to look in her hamper. (What are the chances?!) Inside she saw 3 pairs of princess panties we're planning on giving to her after Christmas when we start potty training. She was pretty upset not to get to hold them, but hopefully she'll forget about them once she sees the latest Toys R Us ad in the Saturday paper :-)

2 comments:

Becky said...

ooooh, can't wait for the potty training blogs....

also, I loved your christmas card. You guys are so cute.

Harper said...

that is hilarious! christmas is so much more fun with babies...huh?