Taking a toddler to a new place has all the makings for Their Best Day Ever. All Baker wants to do lately is walk/run around picking up interesting objects. Sometimes she'll even chew on them, just to show her great affection. I think she needs a shopping cart to place all of the knick-knacks she finds. (At home I've given her a purse to carry around.)
Tahoe was no different. Except for the altitude.
Most of our weekend was spent making sure she didn't pick up anything dangerous. We also made sure she didn't touch the wood-burning stove. We had a little "talk" with her once we arrived to explain the stove was Hot and there would be 2 consequences if she touched it. 1) She'd get burned, 2) She'd get punished.
Don't worry, Baker walked around all weekend saying "Ott" ("hot") every time she saw fire. In fact, when I vacuumed under the stove this afternoon she shouted "OTT!"
It was fun to take her out in the snow. This was the first time she's been old enough to touch the snow. She got very excited to brush her hand against it. Some of Josh's friends (Thank you, Buehlers!) gave Bake some darling snow clothes to wear. Evidently I should have put the snow pants on her, since the snow soaked though her sweat pants (see above photo). Bake also has some snow boots, however once we got to the cabin I noticed that I only packed 1 boot. Nice, Amy.
Little B needed a lot of help walking through the snow and ice to get in & out of the cabin.
Her schedule was SOOOO out of whack. She'd get completely exhausted before her afternoon nap, take a siesta while on a short walk, and then refuse to take her afternoon nap. Car ride naps were hit & miss. I have a feeling she's going to sleep like a champ tonight, in her own crib - at home.



4 comments:
I love the shades!
SO adorable! I "AWWWWW"ed out loud at how she came across to kiss you :). So cute!
Looks like you had a great time. Sorry we couldn't get together, we were on "family time."
Post a Comment