Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moo Baa LaLaLa

Last week I discovered Baker's ability to make animal noises. She's been making excellent "Woof" sounds for quite awhile. But until now I'd never asked her to make any other noises. Then last week while reading The Very Busy Spider I happened to ask her the sound for the first few animals. 

Me: What does a cow say?
Baker: Ooooo
Me: What does a sheep say?
Baker: Ba
Me: What does a pig say?
Baker: LaLa

Wait, what?! A pig says "LaLa"? Well, it's true. Bake's got a book called Moo, Baa, LaLaLa. Evidently she's picked up on the animal sounds from this book. In it a cow says "Moo", a sheep says "Baa", and three singing pigs say "LaLaLa". Confusing? YES! Cute? ABSOLUTELY! We'll see how long "LaLaLa" lasts ... hopefully she doesn't start kindergarten thinking that's how a pig talks :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah she's going to start school thinking pigs say Lalala and that I am a bear...heheheee I am a trouble maker!

Becky said...

Kaitlyn has a book by the same author called Opposites, but no misinformation in that one!

Jeni said...

That's OUR GIRL!!! She already knows how to read!!!

Jamie said...

love that book. great work, baker! :)