On Monday night (at small group) everyone was having a fun discussion about Christmas trees. Real or artificial, Douglas or Noble.
That's when the debate started. Josh and I were at odds about what type of tree is our artificial. I contended it's a noble fir (because that's the type I grew up with ... and I bought our tree). Josh was convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was a Douglas Fir (very shrubby & full). We made a bet about who was right. Loser makes dessert for the winner. Contest determined when the tree comes out of the garage attic the day after Thanksgiving. That brings us to today.Josh pulled the box down and took one look at the tree description: Fraser Fir. (Who in the world has heard of a Fraser Fir?! Not I.)
I'm not sure if this means we both lost and the contest is a draw. Or maybe we can both still make dessert? Option #2 sounds good.



6 comments:
My guess is you got your tree on a special clearance sale? Fraser fir? What the heck? Or maybe you're just one of a kind? HMMMM...
That's hilarious!!
I Googled "fraser fir" and it seems it is, indeed, a thing. Go figure! Check it out and look for the close-up view of the branch, which seems to show its uniqueness.
p.s. the years have been very kind to you both! :)
thank you?
I say you (Amy) win. It looks closer to a noble fir than a douglas fir, and that's got to count for something. Bring on the dessert Josh! Ice Cream sandwich maybe?
Post a Comment