My grandmother is from the South. In the South everyone has a nickname. For example, in my grandmother's family the nicknames are brother, sister, baby and Cooter. (I know, not super clever.) Baker now has a Southern nickname too. It's Cookie. Evidently my grandmother's friend wrote a letter and in it asked about "Cookie". No one could figure out who Cookie was until my dad realized that Baker's make good Cookies. (Not sure if it should be considered a nickname as much as this woman forgetting Baker's name).
Lucky Baker ... at least her nickname isn't Cooter.
B sitting in the waiting area at a restaurant.
B and Cooper Mettler. Coop and Bake are 3 months apart in age.
Josh walking Bake thru the house. (Nice pj's, Josh.)



2 comments:
"Cookie" is cute! Every child needs as nickname.
Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard at the end of that list of nicknames. I think they must have been reluctant nicknamers (didn't get too creative), until lucky ol' Cooter came along!
Post a Comment