Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Births and Birthdays

On Sunday morning little Beau Kesterson was born. He's a cute, little guy with the tiniest cry. Congrats, Vanessa and Joel!
Monday was my birthday. I was spoiled rotten. The gift that everyone needs to know about came from Josh. (A gift I'd requested after seeing at a friend's house.)
It's called Corn Hole. Seriously, that's the name. Josh went all out on this gift. He built the box, painted the candy corn *yum*. And even placed battery-operated lights within the hole. (And in case you were wondering, those are regulation corn hole bags. Here are the rules.


Jesica Allen made this cake for me at our small group. She makes the most amazing cakes using fondant. Let me know if you would like to get in touch with her for a cake ... she's in Lodi.

3 comments:

The Elms said...

Happy Birthday!!! LOVE your corn hole:) I'm pretty jealous! And your BD Cake was beautiful. Congrats to Vanessa, it's always so exciting when friends become mothers for the first time- so sweet.

Flick said...

Congratulations Vanessa and Joel! And Happy Birthday Ames! Looks like the Elson household has been very busy lately....I enjoyed the story about the grape festival and Baker being a little overwhelmed....which I can't blame her!

Jaime said...

hehe... you said cornhole.