(post by Josh) This was exactly why we didn't put any value on the due date. They weren't even close. It's a good thing we started nesting over the weekend. I put the carseat in, Amy washed all of the baby clothes, and we got the baby room from 65% to 90% complete. A baby can live in there at 90%. So, here's the details...
Baker Bloom Elson. Born October 17, 2:32pm. 7lbs 4oz. 18.5in. I'll let Amy tell the day's events at another time.
Baker is a play on my middle name (and my mom's maiden name) - Cook. (get it?)
Bloom is a play on Amy's maiden name. Her grandfather was an orphan with several brothers. When they came to America, they each told their name to different people at the orphanage, who subsequently heard them differently, and spelled their names differently. Amy's grandfather became Sherblon, while one of his brothers became Sherbloom. (If I'm getting the story wrong, Amy can correct me later.) Hence - Bloom.
That's it for now. I'm sure there will be more coming later.



8 comments:
she's perfect. she's so beautiful!!!!
I LOVE baker bloom!!!!
Woohoo! What a beautiful baby girl! Congrats to Mommy and Daddy!
Amy, once you are up and about, you may notice an eerily prophetic text message, which i must have sent while you were in labor.
And from the pictures you sent, i can see that my prediction was correct- Baker has a bottom.
I LOVE HER!!!! You can tell she's going to be spunky like her mother.
How exciting. Baby E, I mean Baker Bloom is finally here. I can't wait to meet her. It's a girl. YIPPEE!
Congrats Amy & Josh!! Welcome to the world Little Baker Bloom. . .It's been waiting for you. Your gorgeous. Amy, call if you need anything-you are a real trooper.
Love Holly, Eric and Abby
Congratulations Amy and Josh!! Welcome to the world Baker!!!
Congrats! Cute picture...I guess a baby is the only one that can get away with wearing ONLY a cap and look adorable :)
Baker Bloom --cute name, love the history. Congrats and hooray!!! Amy, your parents passed my mom on their way out to the hospital and passed along the news =)! My mom said your parents were so excited!! I'm really excited for you new parents too =) (such an amazing experience!) Surprised too, how early did Baker make her debut? I was thinking we'd get to see each other pregnant together. Can't wait to meet Baker!
Post a Comment