Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baker took my ankles and used them as water balloons

Towards the end of the pregnancy, my ankles swelled. It's strange to look down and not see definition (ankle bones, veins, etc.) in your feet. I'm happy to announce that they've returned. Things are slowly adjusting ... I've had some hormonal moments. It's nice to know that that's just what they are: hormones. Things will return to normal.

Today my stitches/staples were removed by my doctor. What a relief to have them out! They were starting to get red and irritated. The incision scar looks great, although the red dots from the staples will take a little while to calm down.

Baker is a big fan of sleep. (Sounds like her mom and dad.) I have to work hard to get her to stay awake for nursing: tickling her feet, removing her clothes, blowing on her face, changing her diaper, cleaning her umbicilal cord.

No comments: