Monday, July 9, 2007

Suurrr-prise!


Last
weekend we threw a surprise birthday party for Linda Elson. It's a 60th birthday tradition in the Elson-household. Can I just say that it takes skill to surprise this woman?! Linda should work for the CIA with her amazing powers of perception. We thought we had the party under wraps until the day-of: she started getting very suspicious, asking "Why is Amy wearing a dress?", "Why are our event tickets so cheap?". Fortunately we held her at-bay and when we arrived at the party site (Vino con Brio Winery) she was totally shocked.
(Our ploy was to invite her to a play at the winery.) After throwing this party I remember why I don't plan events --- it's stressful! This party went amazingly smoothly, though, for all it's secretiveness. Linda seemed to have a great time with all her friends and family.
We closed out the party at the end of the night. Josh had fun taking lots of pictures (playing with all the different settings, of course). And in the Elson family, there's no shortage of willing photo subjects : )

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I think your mom is showing Erin how big lil' babay E is right now. A butternut squash.